Sportingbet was launched by NETBET (Pty) Ltd in 1998 and are one of the world’s leading online betting providers. They were launched in South Africa in 2009, operate in 26 countries and have over 700,000 active customers worldwide. Since their launch, they have become South Africa’s largest online sports book and are currently favoured by thousands of South African betting fans. They offer 8000 different betting opportunities every single day across 30 different sports which include golf, football, rugby union, cricket, tennis, horse racing, basketball, baseball, ice hockey, US football, Aussie rules football, MMA, volleyball, boxing, motor sports, winter sports, cycling, rugby league, darts, handball, snooker as well as multiples and specials. They proudly offer live betting 24-hours a day on the Premier League, Champions League and Europa League matches as well as all the very best international football matches. They also provide extensive live tennis betting markets on all WTA and ATP tour matches. The betting types on offer range from accumulator, double chance, lucky 63, void bet, winning margin, draw no bet, goliath, forecast, super heinz, super yankee, stake, outright winner, patent, trixie, correct score, evens and many more. See our Sportingbet Login Guide.
Overview of Sportingbet South Africa
In the rainbow nation, Sportingbet is one of the most recognisable sports betting brands. One of the major reasons why Sportingbet is highly popular in South Africa is down to the fact that it offers a wide variety of gambling products. The betting site prides itself in “offering the biggest online sports betting line-up across more than 90 different sports”. The sports offered include both the traditional popular sports and the niche as well as modern electronic (simulated) sports.
Sportingbet is an online gambling brand which has its roots in Europe and its first branch was established in the UK back in 1997. After its inception, the gambling brand enjoyed massive success in the UK something which necessitated it to spread its tentacles to other parts of the world. It’s because of this that the gambling brand made its way to South Africa, a country which now regards Sportingbet as the gambling platform of choice.
All players who would like to settle at Sportingbet and start enjoying its product offering ought to note that they can do so either on the desktop or mobile. When players settle on mobile platform, they can enjoy all the offered products with ease as they are all optimised for mobile play. The Sportingbet operations in South Africa are overseen by the Western Cape Gambling & Racing Board.
How to Register an Account at Sportingbet
The licensing provisions of the Western Cape Gambling & Racing Board license that Sportingbet holds stipulate that all players who access the offered gambling products at the betting site must be registered members. Those who would like to become registered members at the site and start accessing the offered products need to follow the steps outlined below:
- At the start, players should access the official site at https://sports.sportingbet.co.za.en/sports
- Upon landing on the homepage, click the ‘Register’ button on the header tab.
- When the registration page, loads, fill in the details requested accurately. This is important as any differences in the details provided to those on documents such as identity documents and proof of residences may cause unnecessary challenges at the wrong time. The details requested include one’s full name, date of birth, ID or Passport number, residential address, source of funds and mobile phone number.
- The next step is to confirm one’s age and read the Terms and Conditions.
- Sportingbet allows players to choose the type of promotional offers and alerts they would like to receive from the bookmaker. Players also get to choose how they will receive the promotional offers and alerts. The mediums supported include e-mail, SMS, phone or post.
- Clicking the ‘Create My Account’ button completes the registration process.
How to Login
- On the log in front, the first step is to launch the official site
- From there, proceed to click the ‘Login’ button on the header tab
- Once done, input the requested security credentials on the log-in page
- Instantly access your account by clicking the Log In button once more.
As Sportingbet is a real money online sportsbook, players are required to load funds in their accounts first before they can start placing their bets. The payment options which players can use to deposit funds at the bookie include:
- Fast Bank Transfer
Sportingbet offers a welcome bonus which comes in the form of a risk-free bet of up to R2,000. A risk-free bet is awarded to all new punters who register their accounts, deposit funds and place their first bets which unfortunately end up losing. Once the bet loses, the sportsbook gives players the full stake back in the form of a free bet to use once more on any event.
Current Promotions for Existing Account Holders
To retain the support of its regular players, Sportingbet offers the following bonuses and promotions:
- Tennis Multi Special – punters who place a tennis accumulator with 5+ legs will receive their stake back in full if the bet loses owing to one leg
- Football Multi Special – punters who place a football accumulator with 5+ legs will receive their stake back in full if the bet loses owing to one leg
- First to Three – punters who correctly predict the first goal scorers for pre-selected football matches stand a chance of winning a R10,000 prize! Those who fall short and get one or two correct predictions will receive some consolation prizes
- Super Spinner – punters who deposit at least R50 and proceed to wager R300 or more on 2.0 odds sports stand a chance of spinning the Super Spinner wheel which awards random instant prizes
- Sport: Sportingbet is a true online sportsbook as it offers only sports betting products. These come in the form of traditional sports as well as modern sports which include virtual games and eSports.
Q1. How long does a withdrawal at Sportingbet take?
The withdrawals at Sportingbet whether bank transfers or credit/debit cards are processed in two to three business days.
Q2. What is the minimum bet at Sportingbet Sportsbook?
At Sportingbet Sportsbook, players can wager with as low as R10.
Q3. How to do a password reset at Sportingbet Sportsbook?
The password reset process at Sportingbet sportsbook can be done easily once players launch the login page and click on the forgot password tab.
They are exclusively an online betting platform and provide users with a mobile-friendly betting service which can be accessed anytime and anywhere on all internet enabled cellphones. They also have a mobile app which can be downloaded from the iTunes AppStore. The mobile site is free to use, requires the same login details as the online site, provides the same extensive markets, has up to the minute prices, safe, secure deposits and withdrawals and has single, multiple and in-play bets available. They will soon be launching a Web App designed specifically for iPhones. Users also receive Live support by being able to chat live with a friendly advisor from 10am to 10pm.
Sportingbet has a dedicated multi-lingual statistics section to help users get the most out of their betting experience. They provide up-to-the-second live scores, up-to-date match results and fixtures, current standings, top goal-scorers and latest player and team stats. They also share guides on how to place bets and a glossary of common betting terminology to assist the users who are new to betting. The website contains sporting news and highlights on many different sports to ensure that all sporting fans stay in the loop with the latest news.
Sportingbet offers various competitions and promotions where users can stand a chance to win free bets. Users simply log in, click on “My Account” and choose the “Free Bets” option to see if they have won a free bet. There are lots of bonuses and prizes to win. They offer a R2000 First time deposit bonus. Terms and conditions apply.